Dog Man Unleashed Review by Bj Allanah


Dog Man Unleashed has to be my favorite book out of the Dog Man Series that I've read. The book talks about the main character, Dog Man, who goes to the pet store one day and buys a fish called Flippy. The fish eats a chemical called Supa Brain Dots, which when eating multiple dots can cause the user to turn evil and gain telekinetic powers. The main antagonist of the first book, Petey the Cat, thinks the thief is copying him. He ends up making a clone of himself called "Flat Petey" so he can escape jail and find out who the imposter is. This is the foundation of the story that leads to a series of events in which Dog Man has to save everyone.

One things that makes this book my favorite is the antagonists. This book made me feel empathy for Petey which I couldn't find in any of the other books. Although he did bad things in the story, I felt bad for him as Flippy was doing the same things and he did not end up in jail. The thing I liked about Flippy was how calm and collected he was towards the end of the story. Throughout the book, we see him robbing banks, stealing people's belonging, and causing havoc across the city. Then when his life is on the line in the freezing cold on a mountain, his character changes completely. I would have given this book a higher rating if Dog Man didn't stop him as I would've liked to see what Flippy could've done as a pure ball of energy.

Another thing I liked about this book was the plot of the book. In my opinion, having 3 villains in this story made it more interesting as it allows the author and I to come up new ideas that have never been created before. The author also switches between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd person that helps to build tension in the book.

Overall, the book  was very interesting and the idea of 3 antagonists in one story makes it better. The book is written very well with a clear and concise plot. It is very engaging and a lesson learned from this book is that it is important to be true to yourself. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who likes to read books that have action and suspense.

9.1/10

Comments

  1. Dog Man Unleashed is def one of my favorite Dog Man books, however I like the later books more because they introduced my favorite character, lil petey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading dog man as a child and loving it. this was one of the best books out of the series, but my favorite is probably dog man and cat kid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bj, although I do not think the Dog Man unleashed book is the best one, I can see why you would think that it is. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bj, this is a good review that deeply analysis the book and your sentences are very fluent and on point. I agree with you and I also think that the Dog Man Unleased Book is the best one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bj, while I don't necessarily agree with you, I loved your in depth analysis on Petey the Cat, and loved seeing a Highschoolers opinion on such a book!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts and opinion of Solo by Kwame Alexander Bj Allanah

Review of Fantastic Mr. Fox by Bj Allanah

The Keeper Review by Bj Allanah