Review of The Hate U Give by Will Gravlin

 


        The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas is an amazing book. It makes the reader really feel for the characters. The descriptions of things are very detailed and have a lot of imagery even in places the reader may not want to hear all the details. This makes the reader feel like they are in the book because it gives you all the details that you would have if you were experiencing it. Throughout the book there are many places where I felt the same things that the narrator described. In my opinion, the best books always make you feel like you're a part of them and this book does this perfectly.

        It also has an amazing plot with plenty of twists in the story line from the beginning to the end. Whenever it seems like the book might be going down a path that could lead to the end a whole new problem arises and it sends the book in a whole new direction. This comes at a price of being very long. It is 423 pages and I typically like medium length books from around 200-300 pages but although this book is long than I typically like I still enjoyed this book.

Overall I would give this book a 9. It is very good and has everything I like my books to have. The only reason it is not a 10 is the length. I love all the twists in the story line but at some points of the book it feels a little forced and like it could have been shorter and would have been even better. Other than those moments in the book, it felt like a very complete novel and this is why I am giving it a near perfect score.

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Will, I also read this book and also really enjoyed it. I agree on how the narration makes you experience the powerful story through details. I would agree on your rating of 9 as it took 50-100 pages for me to get hooked on it as the first few chapters go in excessive detail imo. Great review!
    Btw sorry for the deleted message i was commenting on the wrong account.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that i'm not the only person that thinks this book could be a quicker read!

      Delete
  3. Hey Will, I never seen this book before but I did see it on the shelves so I would consider reading for my next blog. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Will! I've heard many amazing things about this book but have not yet sat down to read it. this book seems to connect with many different people for different reason which makes it very interesting to read with that in mind. Ill have to check it out some time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts and opinion of Solo by Kwame Alexander Bj Allanah

Review of Fantastic Mr. Fox by Bj Allanah

The Keeper Review by Bj Allanah