Ranking the first three Spy School books by Will Gravlin

  


1. Evil Spy School (3)

Evil Spy School is my favorite because of all the action and I think it has the best plot out of all three books. the suspense in this book is different than anything I've ever read. the plot is constantly changing and this makes it interesting throughout the entire book. it is easily the best mystery book I've ever read and possibly the best mystery book I will ever read. with all the twists and turns this book has it makes you start to wonder what you can trust and what you can't. It is an incredible book and I recommend this to anyone who wants an interesting book that makes you question everything that the narrator tells them. Because of all of this, I would have to give this book an 8/10 star rating.


2. Spy School (1)

Usually when I'm ranking books the first is ironically first. If Evil Spy School wasn't so good this would definitely be in the first spot. although it can't be first it is an easy second. the first of a series is always good. similar to the third book Spy School is continuously changing directions. Just in the first few chapters, you get many different plot twists, although some of them are small. The reason that this book is not first even though it has similar plot twists is because a lot of the plot twists don't change the storyline nearly as much as in Evil Spy School. That being said, it still keeps you very intrigued through the whole book and is the perfect start to a great series. all of this taken into consideration, I think I would have to give this book a 7/10.


3. Spy Camp (2)

this is where it begins to get a whole lot more critical. after the standards that Gibbs set with the first book in the series, he is unable to reach those standards with the second book. in my opinion, this book was a big disappointment. when I finished reading the first book of the series I was so excited to read Spy Camp and when I finally got the chance I was let down. I nearly stopped reading the Spy School books altogether although I'm lucky I didn't because Evil Spy School completely lifted the series back up. it lacked many of the reasons I enjoyed the other two books. I didn't have even close to as many plot twists and got boring in some parts of the book. with some books I'm okay with the pace being slower, but if you're reading the Spy School books you are definitely not looking for a long read. I almost abandoned this book at the beginning because I didn't like it. The plot was also a lot worse than the other two books and the ending is not great either. It introduced new characters which is a plus but this is outweighed by the many other downsides. I would still recommend that you read this just so that you can continue the series. My final rating is a 5/10.


Comments

  1. Hey Will, this is a really interesting blog post and Evil Spy School seems like a good book from what you described. I like how you compared how that plot twists correlated to how much you liked the books. Good post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts and opinion of Solo by Kwame Alexander Bj Allanah

Review of Fantastic Mr. Fox by Bj Allanah

The Keeper Review by Bj Allanah