The Keeper Review by Bj Allanah


 

The Keeper was written by David Baldacci on August 31, 2015. The book revolves around the main character, Vega Jane, who was always told that she could never leave the town of Wormwood. She was constantly told by other civilians inside this town that there was nothing outside but the Quag. The Quag was a wilderness filled with danger and death. She had accepted this tedious fate, until she had come across a secret everything she believed was a lie. The only thing standing between Vega and her freedom was the Quag. However, in order to leave Wormwood and discover the truth about the suppressed the world she says she lives in, Vega and her best friend, Delph; must find a way to make it across a terrifying land of blood-n thirsty creatures and menacing magic. The Quag though ends up being worst that Vega darkest thoughts. It ends up being a living, breathing prison designed to keep enemies out and the villagers of Wormwood in. As Vega enters the Quag she faces many problems. The Quag will try to kill her, it may break her as an character, and survival might come at a price that Vega will not be able to pay.

I personally found myself on a rollercoaster when trying to decide how good this book was. The beginning of the book started off very well, detailing the characters well and showing me what the plot of the story was. I considered the middle to be alright, as it did not live up to my expectations and I expected more from Vega as a character. The ending was the best part in my opinion, as the author had ended the book exceptionally well in my opinion. Davide Baldacci managed to connect the title of the book with the story very well as the reason why he did such came together like a puzzle piece in my mind. 

Overall, I enjoyed this book as I considered it to be better than the first book in my opinion. I would definitely recommend you read the series and although it wasn't one of the best book I've read I would still consider it very good.

 


8.7/10

Comments

  1. Another marvelous blog composed by the maestro himself, Ngozi! Would you please elaborate on how you "expected more from Vega as a character" in the middle of the book? I would love to hear back from you! Please respond ASAP!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing your review of this book, I've been convinced that book is "a keeper". I love how you made the font size so large; it makes it so much easier to see the text. Also, I admire how you wrote such a short blog, since it makes reading said work of art short and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANOTHER masterpiece by the amazing Ngozi Allanah, the way that you described how your personally felt about this book was nothing more than just absolutely impeccable. Good review as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job BJ!! A great blog and an awesome analysis of the book, After reading this blog I would love to read it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff Bj. I liked reading your point of view on this book, and I'm curios, what could've been done better to make the middle of the book more interesting? What did you exactly expect vega to do? Eitherway, great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marvelous job Ngozi Micheal Allanah. I loved your summary of the book, but I'm curious why you gave the book a 8.7/10. What you take 1.3 points off? I would love to know what bugged you about the book. Anyways, great review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review Bj! I like how you compared the book to a rollercoaster and I am also curious why you thought the middle was not as good as the rest of the book.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts and opinion of Solo by Kwame Alexander Bj Allanah

Review of Fantastic Mr. Fox by Bj Allanah