Favorite Queer Relationship From Books Reviewed on this Blog - Lucas T.

 



I have reviewed many books about queer/homosexual relationships here, and as a final blog post, I want to share my favorite! I will have a short summary for each book, and then explain my thoughts on them.


First up, from my first blog, is "Heartstopper" by Alice Oseman. This series of book-turned-to-tv stories has been largely impactful ever since its release. The development of the main relationship between Nick and Charlie is marvelously written, along with other relationships in their growing friend group. Navigating queer identity as a whole is a major theme in this series. As mentioned in the blog about Heartstopper, the overall message is hope that wherever you go, "people will accept you for being you."

Second is "Bloom" by Kevin Panetta and Savanna Ganucheau. It is about the relationship between two very different people: Ari and Hector. Ari is quite troublesome, wanting to move into the city in a problematic band with his friends, away from his parents' bakery. Then there is Hector, who is a lovable, respectful, and mature guy, with a love for baking. The two are seemingly complete opposites, but they still find a liking for each other, as Hector gets hired at the bakery that Ari is forced to work at. As mentioned in my blog, I really disliked this book for many reasons. The plot got really bad at the end, the supposed protagonist Ari had no character development, and there were many problems with the relationship between Hector and Ari that were never resolved.

Third is "Fake Dates and Mooncakes" written by Sher Lee. When I wrote this blog, I had only just begun the book, noting that it had some promising development. After I finished reading it, I found to enjoy it a lot. As main characters Dylan and Theo meet in an unexpected way, they soon grow to like each other after they are pretending to date for Theo's family party. After reading this book, I really enjoyed how their relationship grew, and only wished for more time for it to develop

The fourth book is "Song of Achilles" by Madeline Miller. The ancient story of Achilles in "the Iliad" is shaped into the view of the relationship between Patroclus and Achilles. This beautifully written book has everything interesting incorporated into each page. There isn't one boring part of it at all. It almost seems real, as the author is able to incorporate Greek history and mythology into the pages of the book, while also creating a raw relationship with it.

Finally, there is the book "Icebreaker" by A. L. Graziadei. This book creates a fun enemies-to-lovers story, full of emotions the average college hockey player may be having. The relationship here is between Mickey and Jaysen. They compete for the #1 draft spot, as they are soon-to-be professional players. Their competition forces them to always be together, where they find that away from the public, they grow mutual feelings for each other. I love how this book kept me hooked all throughout it!


I loved reading (mostly) every one of these books, and choosing between just one of them was a tough decision. In the end, my favorite queer relationship out of all of the stories is...

Song of Achilles!!! - It's masterful writing, and unique plot, left for an emotional homosexual relationship for the ages. As a final send out:

Sincerely,

~Lucas Tosi~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts and opinion of Solo by Kwame Alexander Bj Allanah

Review of Fantastic Mr. Fox by Bj Allanah

The Keeper Review by Bj Allanah