My Top 3 Summer To-Read Books by Shlok Choudhary

1. "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee

    I have previously read "To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee during subbie year for our banned book project. However, I do not think I captured the book's full meaning and would like to re-read it. Harper's timeless classic is an amazing book and a must-read for every high school student. Set in the fictional town of Maycomb, Alabama, during the 1930s, the novel explores themes of racial injustice, moral growth, and empathy through the eyes of young Scout Finch. As you follow Scout's journey alongside her father, the noble lawyer Atticus Finch, you'll gain valuable insights into courage, integrity, and the complexities of human nature.

2. "The Thief" by Megan Whalen Turner

    This book was one of the many that I found earlier this year while looking for a good book related to "The False Prince" by Jennifer A Nielsen, which you should also check out because it's an amazing book. "The Theif" is set in a world similar to ancient Greece and it introduces us to Gen, a skilled thief who becomes entangled in a very dangerous quest to steal a legendary treasure. I found this book very interesting and I would like to read it and see if it lives up to the hype.

3. "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury 

    I would really like to read "Fahrenheit 451" over the summer. Although I haven't read this book yet, this was my second choice for our banned book project because it seemed pretty interesting. Bradbury has written a dystopian novel about a society where books are banned and knowledge is suppressed. The main character, Guy Montag, is a firefighter but doesn't do exactly what you would expect firefighters to do. Instead of putting out fires, Guy creates bonfires of books. Although Montag was perfectly happy with how his life was, he finds himself hiding books now and becoming a fugitive of the law.

Comments

  1. Hey Shlok! Sadly I have not read any of these books so I cannot give any added recommendations or comments on them, but I have heard that "To Kill a Mockingbird" and "Fahrenheit 451" are interesting but hard-to-read books. I wish you luck in your summer reading and I hope you enjoy these books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shlok. I have read Fahrenheit 451 for my banned book project and was slightly disappointed. Although I was excited to read it at the beginning, after a bit I personally found it difficult to read Ray Bradbury's writing style. But you should still read it. I have heard of "To Kill a Mockingbird" and am also planning on reading it along with a bunch of other books mentioned in these blogs throughtout the year. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shlok! Many of my friends that go to different schools have read To Kill a Mockingbird for their English class and it's been on my list to read for a while! I hope to be able to read it over the summer! Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My thoughts and opinion of Solo by Kwame Alexander Bj Allanah

Review of Fantastic Mr. Fox by Bj Allanah

The Keeper Review by Bj Allanah